2000-register

Re: TD Fitchett- Shropshire

To: 2000-register@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TD Fitchett- Shropshire
From: "Sharon Patterson" <sapat@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 16:53:10 -0000
Hi everyone
Haven't started getting the engine out yet, but a friend has managed to get
an engine for us which had been used for racing.  It's got a hi lift Kent
cam and + 30 pistons and everything has been balanced and smoothed.  I think
it's going to be a fair few horses!!  The PI is doing really well.  It was
mot'd in March, driven around Bristol for ten days and then taken on a 800
mile journey to France.  Yes, it did break down but it was just a wire off
the starter.  Simple really, unless you have a french mechanic who speaks no
english and some rather stupid english tourists whose french is limited to
'parlez vous Anglais?' We did have the foresight to take three lots of
breakdown cover (I know, but this was a car which had been off the road for
a fair few years before we bought it and was 'unknown' to us)and I would
highly recommend Norton Insurance.  Not only did they reassure us we could
have a hire car or hotel if we needed it, and asked us to ring back so they
could make sure we were OK, they were bi lingual and told us what was wrong
with our car!
Sharon