2000-register

RE: [triumph_herald] Brake pipe flaring kits - best deal?

To: "'Philip Willcocks'" <p_willcocks_list@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: [triumph_herald] Brake pipe flaring kits - best deal?
From: Davies William-qswi646 <William.M.Davies@motorola.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 15:44:30 +0100
-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Willcocks [mailto:p_willcocks_list@yahoo.com]
> Well I known that Halfords do a kit for about #100 for a fairly decent
looking tool.
> Otherwise Machine Mart do a couple of kits.

The Machine Mart kits don't look any better than the other high street
stuff. I'll see what the local Halfords has to offer - I'd forgotten that
they do a lot of decent Sykes Pickavant stuff nowadays.

> I bought a cheapo kit for about #20 and it seemed to work okay, difficult
to justify spending
> 140GBP on a professional tool when the shop in the high street will flare
pipes for a quid a go.

It's the convenience of being able to make them one piece at a time rather
than ripping them all out and getting them made in one go - I like the easy
life. I've got at least 3 cars worth to do in the near future which does
make it seem slightly less financially extreme. But 140 does seem enough to
make me baulk - if nothing turns up beforehand I'll see what I can find at
Beaulieu,
        Cheers,
                Bill.

                            This Message sent by:
    ^================^
   /                  \     William Davies
  /                    \    Total Triumph Enthusiast
/  \  ______  ______  /  \  1959 Herald 948 Coupi Y128
\__/  \     ||     /  \__/  1959 Herald 948 Saloon
|    A \____||____/ A    |  1960 Herald 948 Saloon 100% Original
| =  H              H  = |  1961 Herald 'S'
=====U==============U=====  1961 Herald 1200 Coupi
\________________________/  1968 2000 Mk1 Saloon (the Wife's car!)

Join The Herald Mailing List at: