2000-register

Re: Mk1 2000 Estate

To: "Guy Singleton" <guy.singleton@virgin.net>, <2000-register@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mk1 2000 Estate
From: "Terry & Cindy @ ESP" <esp@hypermax.net.au>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 19:47:43 +1000
Goodness, I thought this group was totally dead!!!!!!!

Thanks for the posting Guy.

To keep it alive, some news from Oz

Our race Mk1 is about to hit the road (track) again afte suffering a broken
crank 6 months ago. We could not find another MK1 PI crank so we made a new
super-light flywheel to suit the later Mk2 PI crank. After a lot of hacking
and rebalance, it should be OK. We also made a special spigot to hold it on
better and added extra bolts.

I guess we have nearly 10 years racing on the original PI crank, so we
should not cry too much. The only real loss was my lovely Kastner made
flywheel which got chewed on the spigot up when the crank broke.

If anyone out there wants a new plate type (Salisbury) Limited slip diff, we
are investigating retooling as our last new one is about to get used up.
Price will be around A$1800 (650 pounds).

All the best

Terry O'Beirne

///
///  2000-register@autox.team.net mailing list