2000-register

Trouble with 2000 Auto

To: <2000-register@yahoogroups.com>, <2000-register@autox.team.net>
Subject: Trouble with 2000 Auto
From: "Guy Singleton" <guy.singleton@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 22:33:11 -0000
I have just got our 2000 Estate on the road , it is fitted with a MkII
engine and Borg Warner 65 auto box , the engine seems to rev ok out of gear
but the car drives badly very slow acceleration will get to about 55 mph
eventually.

The car has been off the road for about 10 years , it looks as if the engine
has been rebuilt no idea about the gearbox.

When checking the gearbox fluid when hot engine running , there appears to
be about 1.5" to much fluid in the gearbox , with the engine turned off
there is no oil on the dipstick.

Reading the manual it sounds like the stator unidirectional clutch in the
torque converter has seized , does anyone have any better ideas , is there
any chance of it freeing itself , if so how the car is not really drivable
as it is.

Any ideas gratefully received - especially if I do not have to take it all
apart !!

Guy

///
///  2000-register@autox.team.net mailing list