Re: TR-6 Carbs

To: Peter Conover <pconover@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: TR-6 Carbs
From: "ROBERT L. GANNON" <trsix74@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 14:42:44 -0400
I had the same problem last year. I cannot say exactly which of the following
solved the problem, but I will list them all.
a) made sure that the fuel jets where clear and clean. I have grose jets.
b) made sure I had gasket on grose jet
c) checked float levels with carbs in the inverted position.
d) put fresh float bowl gaskets on.
e) adjusted needle so that the base of the needle was flush with the piston
f) checked the mechanical fuel pump, i.e check valves working, diaphram hooked
so that when manual pump is engaged suction was present.
g) new fuel filter (replaced the glass purolator unit*)
* only good for its looks
With all of this done I solved the problem.Hope I was able to help!