Coolant leak

To: "6pack@autox.team.net" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Coolant leak
From: "Thomas C. Duclos" <ltcdoty@localnet.com>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 16:31:50 -0400
Hi Gang...
           Being new to this I might have what maybe a silly question, I
just started up
my car after a winters rest,( garaged and I flushed and replaced the
engine coolant),
while the car was heating up I noticed I was getting steam? and coolant
from the heater valve, and it appears that steam? was coming from one of
two circular disks
on the head nearest the firewall. Does anyone know what the disks are
for? Are they a form of freeze out plug? It gets mighty cold up here
near Bennington, Vermont during the winter, but I thought I did right by
replacing the coolant and running the engine for awhile.  The car was
originally from Southern California...maybe it went into shock!  The
level of the coolant in the radiator is fine and there was no tell tale
signs of any leaks on the garage floor. Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks,

Tom Duclos

TR6

CC51101L