alternator / transmission questions

To: 6 Pack Digest <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: alternator / transmission questions
From: jdhenn <jdhenn@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 19:25:48 -0400
Does anyone know what the brown wire that connects to the alternator
(not part of the main plug) is supposed to do. This is a single wire
from the harness that is supposed to plug into the back of the lucas
alternator.  It is in the wiring diagram.  My problem is that mine was
not hooked to the back of the alternator,  it was cut and taped around
the harness out of sight.  I always wondered what the extra terminal
hookup was for on the back of the alternator.  I saw another 75 TR6 with
the same setup except he had the wire hooked to the alternator.  The car
always ran without out.  Now after I hooked it back up my battery is
dead after a ten mile trip.  Thoughts?

Also, when you pull the transmission filler plug should gear oil flow
right out?  Does this mean someone filled the tranny with too much
fluid?  I am pulling the plug out through the tranny cover access plug
on a level surface.

Thanks in advance!
--
Jim Henningsen