Seal Under Windshield Frame Q

To: "6 Pack List" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seal Under Windshield Frame Q
From: "Don Clark" <d@donclark.org>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 20:21:48 -0700
Thanks again for the help with the carpeting.

After fitting the carpet over the last 2 days I am now at the point where I
need to reinstall my windshield frame. I have a new seal for underneath the
frame and am wondering what sort of stuff I should use between the seal and
the body and the seal and the frame. I intend to drive this car 9+ months
out of the year and it rains often here in Seattle so I don't want a leak.

I have some 3M Strip Caulk. But it's in 1 foot lengths and I don't know that
it won't leak if I overlap the ends. Does 3M make caulk in rolls so I won't
have to worry about the seam? Or is there something else that works better
for this?

Thanks,
Don Clark
Seattle, WA