reply to TR-6s compared to big Healeys

To: 6 Pack Digest <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: reply to TR-6s compared to big Healeys
From: Gary Erbse <ncbucki@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 17:32:30 -0400
Rex, I enjoyed reading your comparision of the two cars. I have a friend
in Ohio who purchased a "big Healey" some years ago. When he got it he
told me the DPO never took it out for a drive. It would just set in the
garage and look pretty. He couldn't imagine how a person could do that.
I agreed with him but as the first year past I saw the Healey less and
less. Now it never leaves his garage and it couldn't move before a lot
of lumber is moved first. Your article explains why. The Healey just
isn't that good as a driver. My six is worth a lot less than his Healey
but it is ready to drive. I look foward to driving it every chance I
get. I do believe that 20 more years down the road, all the Healeys will
be in storage at the museums while our TR-6s will still be giving us the
same driving pleasure that we are getting today. Rex, your article
should be printed in the TR-6 Magazine.