Re: Vacuum with open exhausts

To: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Subject: Re: Vacuum with open exhausts
From: Bernard Robbins <brobbins@wlg.nec.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 16:42:57 +1200
Hi Dick,

Hmmm, interesting. The reason i asked was when I changed the exhaust on my
saloon car about two years ago to one with improved flow, I registered a
vacuum drop at idle from 9 in Hg to around 7 in Hg which made the car run a
little rich at idle.

I didn't realise the vacuum on the US spec cars was so high. Wow, mine
doesn't even get that high engine braking!!

I haven't read Kastner's book on tuning (perhaps I should) but although my
TR6 motor has been "warmed up", I intend to use it more for open road
cruising than a flat knacker race machine (the South Is of NZ is heaven -
open roads, no cops, fantastic scenery, fun corners, long straights, no
worries!).

Anyway, I had better go (my pen is running out of ink)

I'll post some pictures to Mike B for the EFI converstion when it is complete.

Cheers
Bernard

'71 2500 PI (soon to be EFI)
'73 TR6 PI (in disgrace for "failing to proceed" - bloody lucas coils!)