Fw: Floor panels

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Floor panels
From: "Rick@tapco" <rpatton@clinic.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 20:30:16 -0400
Hi Mike,

I'm in the process of doing the floors in my 75 right now. I don't know how
serious your rust is but mine is very extensive. If I hadn't had this car
for the past fifteen years it would be suitable for parts only. Of course it
has been driven year round in Maine with tons of road salt with little care.

I'm replacing the floors and the inner and outer sills. Before I started I
was advised to do most of the work with the body on the frame to keep
everything aligned. I've done this but it makes the job quite time
consuming. If your sills are good, cutting out the bad floor sections and
tacking in new ones shouldn't be all that bad. The floor panels came from
Moss along with the sills. The fit is very good and the workmanship just
like the factory. Originally they were ordered from TRF but they were out of
stock. When all is said and done the floors, sills, rear fenders, and the
section with the gas tank fill will all be new. It's taken quite a bit of
time as the front kick panels need repair as well as the A and B posts. The
drivers side ought to be done within a week and I'm hoping that the
passenger's isn't quite as bad. I've taken pictures along the way that can
be posted if anyone is interested.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Rick
rpatton@clinic.net