RE; brake pedal drop

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE; brake pedal drop
From: Bill McIntire <william.mcintire@wright.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 09:13:02 -0400
Dick & Packers
Back in the dark ages Triumph offered a 'residual pressure
valve' for the front brakes. It was to be mounted in the
line from the M.C. to the front brakes. Looked sort of like
a tube nut and had a check ball and spring in it. Would
retain the spring rates pressure in the front brake line and
relieve the nagging question, "Where did my brake pedal
go?". I had one, it worked, but, unfortunately I took it
off, put it on the shelf temporarily and that's the last I
saw of it. Don't know that they are now available. Later
Tr3's &4's had a similar device located in the supply line
for the front brakes on the right frame rail at the 'Y'
connector for the front brakes. Was more primitive, stuck a
lot, leading to blue rotor syndrome.
FWIW
Bill '70 6