Re: SHOCK OIL & COMMISION TAG COLOR

To: MS6453@aol.com
Subject: Re: SHOCK OIL & COMMISION TAG COLOR
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 21:51:26 -0700 (PDT)
Mitch----I never could make sense of these two different tags mounted on
the carb side of the firewall. Neither matches my CF number, engine
number, or ?  No one at DMV requests these either, so I kinda' ignore
them.

Some of the different kinds of shock fluid that I've tried, with only
sort of getting what I was looking for:  Hydraulic jack oil-Supposed to
be similar to shock oil, but far less expensive to experiment with.
40WT. motor oil.  Sometimes with an ounce of STP added before filling
the shock.  I can only use the bounce up and down method to test the
results, trying out each corner separately.  What I'm using now is the
same oil as what's in the engine--Valvoline 20W-50. With reasonably new
lever shocks, the bump and rebound seems to be controlled as it's going
to get.  This is with the semi-comp springs and anti-roll bar. There may
be a more scientific way of doing this, but I don't have the
where-with-al.

Dick T.