Mobil One and oil pressure

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Mobil One and oil pressure
From: MS6453@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 08:37:46 EDT
Hi All,
I just installed an oil filter adapter and switched to Mobil 1 oil 10w-30.
The information I've gathered  was that Mobil 1 has far superior lubricating
qualities. As a matter of fact the machine shop that did my block said not to
put in the synthetic oil until I had 1,000 miles on the motor because the
rings would not seat. So far the stuff is fine but it's definitely thinner
and at an idle my oil pressure (hot) went from 25lbs to 20lbs.  The pressure
comes right up off idle but it's a pretty big difference just from changing
oil.
One other note about the oil filter adapter. If any one is hesitating don't.
Not only does my oil pressure come up faster at start up but just the thought
of never having to struggle with that cartridge again worth it alone!