Re: Greetings,

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Greetings,
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 05:07:10 -0700 (PDT)
John,

Yes, you can put the inner bracket on the outside and vice versa.
However, this will change the rear suspension geometry (camber and
toe).   If you look in the 6 pack email list archives, you should find
a posting that a fellow TR6 owner (a very patient one, at that) shared
with us in which he tried many different combinations of brackets, on
both inside, outside, upside down, right side up, etc. and measured the
camber for each trial.  Very helpful info for anyone trying to get the
rear end aligned properly.

To replace the trailing arm bushings, you're going to have to pull some
of the back end apart, but don't be intimidated, it's really quite
simple.  Just remove the road wheel, remove the four bolts holding the
axle shaft to the diff flange,  and disconnect the brake lines and
parking brake cables.  Then jack up the trailing arm a bit to take the
load off the shock, disonnect the shock link from the trailing arm, and
then slowly lower the trailing arm and withdraw the spring.  Then
remove the bolt holding the trailing arm to the trailing arm bracket on
one side (I think it's the outside), and remove the two bolts holding
the trailing arm bracket to the chassis on the other side (I think the
inside).  You can then withdraw the trailing arm with the axle shaft
and rear brake hardware still installed.  All of this is very nicely
laid out and illustrated in the TR6 factory workshop manual.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6

http://mail.yahoo.com/