lubricants

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: lubricants
From: mjmullin@juno.com
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 08:08:38 -0400
Listers:

FWIW, I use the Valvoline GL-4 tranny fluid.  I found a cheap 5-gallon
bucket of it at a truck and tractor supply store, and it was labeled as
"Ford Tractor Lube", and meets API GL-4 specs.  I'm not sure of how
different GL-5 is, but it lets me sleep better at night.  Doing research
on the subject, a tech support person told me that GL-5 would only harm
brass parts if it got very hot.  (I've also learned to be suspicious of
advice from so-called professionals)

As far as synthetic engine oil, a Red Line Oil tech person told me that
if we're supposed to use a 20/50 oil, then we should drop down to a 10/40
if using (Red Line) synthetic. That's what I'm using now. (They seem to
know what they're doing).

Haven't heard from the black rear valance Nazi in a while.  What's the
matter Kevin, the Modified Mafia come and rub you out?

Matt Mullin

http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.