Fire in the Hole!!

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Fire in the Hole!!
From: rcotting@mgnet.ca
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 08:54:05 -0300

A while back I wrote that I didn't have combustion in #5 and #6 even though
I had spark at the plugs.  Don't ask me why I'm doing this to myself but I
thought you should know the answer.  After putting new plugs into my tired
'74's engine a short drive down my lane indicated a misfire.  Thinking I
had simply not placed a wire back tightly, I returned to my garage wherein
began The Great Trouble Shooting Adventure.  New points, condenser, rotor,
dist. cap and still no fire in the hole.  Compression testing, thoughts of
carburation or compression problems ensued.  I came THAT close to Ripping
and Tearing  (since I really want to rebuild the engine anyway).

Yr hmbl duffus is here to report that, at one point or another, I had
mistakenly placed #5 and #6 wires on the wrong plugs.  Damn thing runs like
a clock.  And with a lot of nice new ignition parts.

Rich C.
One week from vacation and the Second Annual British Car Days on Prince
Edward Island (read about it later in British Car and Triumph magazines)