Re: cylinder head

To: bob whitehead <bob.whitehead@virgin.net>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: cylinder head
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 12:21:11 -0700 (PDT)
Good lord no!!  That kind of compression ratio will make short order of
your cast aluminum pistons.  Detonation will kill them quickly.  You'd
have to run very high octane gas (probably 100+) and retard the
ignition quite a bit.  Even then I doubt the pistons would survive, you
need forged aluminum pistons for such a hihg compression ratio.  No
good for a street engine.  You want to stay under 10:1 for the street,
and even that may be pushing it.  I have 9.5 on mine, ignition at 10
BTDC and no vacuum advance at all, 93 octane gas, stock pistons.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6

http://mail.yahoo.com/