Re: TR6 Door handle frustration

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Door handle frustration
From: Ernest Janzen <egj@alumni.caltech.edu>
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2000 07:21:34 -0700
The trick to door and window handles is to get a 2 inch nail the same
diameter as the holding pin. Clip off the head and point. Then measure the
length of the old pin and at that length on the nail cut the nail about 2/3
to ¾ thorough with a hack saw. You now have a shear pin. Push on the
handle, guide the pin in and shear it off.  Has always worked great for me
and saved a lot of frustration.

Ernest Janzen
'74 TR6