Re: EGR Valve Help

To: jdhenn <jdhenn@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: EGR Valve Help
From: David Friedlander <forzion@maine.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 15:11:27 -0500
Jim;

"I am trying to remove in order to restore my emissions system."

Pardon my confusion Jim: You're "removing the EGR to restore your
emissions system?" Are you replacing you're EGR with a new one? I was
under the impression that they don't make replacement EGR's. I am going
through the engine bay now, giving everything a fresh coat of
clean/paint/polish. But when it comes to the EGR, I'm at a loss. Mine is
corroded looking. What do most people do, take their emissions out
altogether since the EGR can't be replaced (does Rimmer's sell them?) or
find a way to chrome/polish the EGR cover?

Dave Friedlander
CF25194UO