Re: TR6 started running poorly

To: kkrice1@email.msn.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 started running poorly
From: "James A. Tabor" <jatabor@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 10:17:39 -0400
hi,

i had a similar problem. reved fine, but when driving and
for me it was around 3500 rpm the engine would "buck" and kick
and actually seemed like it was cutting off.

i cleaned the fuel filter. helped, but not entirely.
check the dist. i think the rotor was i need of replacing.
never had the problem again.
but i did have a back fire at the carbs weeks later. just one
small POP at 80 mph. that was the because the diaphram in the
front carb was SHOT! torn in two places. which might have been
the problem before but somehow sealed the torn edges down.

so check those diaphrams.

hope this helps!

james
76 TR6