Re: 6 Pack Digest V1 #359

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 6 Pack Digest V1 #359
From: Cyril Perrier <cypertr3@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 20:55:40 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Frank
Actually the Servo from an Austin Allegro will do.
However,the four screws retaining the servo to the
body are shorter on the Allegro servo. Results: Either
you remove (if you can)the screws from the original
servo and put them on the Allegro one or else... you
retainthe Allegro screws.
For my part, I could not remove the screws and had to
fix the Allegro one. Results: I had to bypass the
'spacer' coming between the original servo and the
body with the result that my brake pedal was much
higher that the two other pedals. It was somewhat
dangerous when I had to brake urgently.
One last note. The Allegro servo I had purchased was a
second hand one and it came together with the Brakeoil
reservoir and master cylinder: you will have to
replace the whole since the Tr6 reservoir won't fit on
the servo
Good luck
Cyril
1970 TR6, Mauritius
(actually one of the two Tr6 that ever existed in
Mauritius. Mine is the only surviving one)
--- 6 Pack Digest <owner-6pack-digest@autox.team.net>