Re: fuel pressure and Webers

To: "Ed Armbruster" <eja@hydrosphere.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: fuel pressure and Webers
From: "Don" <cdon2013@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 16:59:45 -0500
Not a lot of time to go into full details, but this 76 with 9.33
Compression...  3.97 actual lift....  RE CURVED stock distributor matched to
all change's, and gear ratio ..... 33 '' Equal Length header ..... Weber
side draft 40s

All ins & outs ported, to perfection, with the exception of the throttle
plates, with two per body, 6 in total.
On the 76 they reduced the size of fuel line, from crab side of pump, this
must be upgraded.

I can not feel any fade, or starvation, as you have mentioned, but have NOT
HELD the rams at 4800 or above for a long enough time to tell, and WILL NOT
until the next step is in place.

The balanced motor has around 750 mostly high way miles on so far,  and the
next move will be to wire up though the trainee tunnel my C o monitor to its
little sensor, that threads in and out of  stainless bung, that is T.I.G
ed... to a Y connecting pipe, that transfer's from two into one.

After this I will be able to tell you precisely at what point THIS MOTOR is
coming into the Danger zone, at its... CURRENT jetting condition.

So after all that....... it boils down to the DURATION / RPM / FLOAT BOWL
DEPLETION.. and your style of driving.

DON