Re: Non-adjustable needles

To: 6Pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Non-adjustable needles
From: "Walter Fogle" <lbc4me@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 18:12:41 -0000

Well, after talking to the VTR TR6 consultant, Mark Pelham I removed the
non-adjustable metering needles from my '69 TR6 carbs with ease.  I was just
be a little too conservative in my efforts.  Here's how:  If the needles
don't just pull out with finger touch, just put a shop rag around the base
of the needle, grasp with a pair of pliers and tug.  The needles came out
quite handily.

The good news with this set-up is the damper tubes are sealed at the bottom
and require no seal or 0-ring to keep the damper oil in the tube.  Leaks are
not a problem.

Just thought I'd let you all know in case anyone else is contemplating
needle replacement.

Best regards,
Walt Fogle