74TR6 Problems

To: "6 Pack Digest" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: 74TR6 Problems
From: "John Phillips" <TR6@vigoris.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 15:18:54 -0500
Jeff

I won't waste your time telling you my horror story but something that
worked for me was checking the small fitting in the gas tank vent line for
blockage.  It should be connected to the canister by about 3 inches of
rubber fuel line.

Something else that helped was having a very good friend who also had a TR6.
We switched parts from his car that ran fine to mine until my problem
disappeared.  My problem turned out to be a bad distributor even after a
professional rebuild.  With my distributor, his car would not run.  Had to
replace it to fix the problem.

It is not that much effort to switch carbs, distributors or other components
compared to the expense of repairing or replacing parts that may be
perfectly ok.

John Phillips, Claremore, OK
Green Country Triumphs & Jaguar Enthusiasts Club
76 TR6 CF51655   74 TR6 CF 15694
89 XJS Convertible
 http://www.greencountrytriumphs.com/