Re: Carbs, Mufflers, Sadness

To: jdhenn@cfl.rr.com
Subject: Re: Carbs, Mufflers, Sadness
From: "Walter Fogle" <lbc4me@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 22:59:15 +0000
Jim:

I know that Dick  will have a good answer for you but here's what I found
when I rebuilt the carbs on my '69 TR6 earlier this year:  Unless the top of
the carb is absolutely seated properly it can cause binding of the air
piston, from a little to the piston being downright stuck.  I'd check by
lifting each one that both pistons operate freely and, if not, loosen the
top screws a bit on the offending carb and make adjustments as necessary.
Also, the piston diaphragm may be off a bit in it's seat in the carb body.
You can check that the tab in the rubber diaphragm is properly seated in
it's corresponding notch in the carb body.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Walt Fogle
'69 TR6, CC30689L