Air intakes in the air cleaner

To: "6pack list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Air intakes in the air cleaner
From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 22:29:42 -0400
I am in the process of allowing a little more air into my ZS carbs.  The
stock cover for a 250 is a bit restrictive but I want the stock look.  My
solution is to cut a vent on the bottom side of the air cleaner housing
near the rear carb.

I am aware that many of your 6's have a hole here and would like to match
this.  Would someone be willing to measure the size and exact location of
this bottom hole and email the dimensions to me?

TIA for any and all help.

Also, I have a die grinder, an extra head and a long cold winter ahead.
How tough is it to port the head?  And how much can I expect to spend if
I want to shave the head a bit?  Just asking.

Thanks,
Peter Macholdt
TR250

Peter Macholdt