EGR Valve

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: EGR Valve
From: Crazeecooter@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 18:41:30 EDT
Listers:

I have a couple of questions regarding the EGR valve on a 1974 TR6.

I am trying to get my car to pass California emissions and have checked through
almost everything that could prevent it from passing a smog test.  I am
wondering if a faulty EGR valve could be the culprit.  Does anyone know how to
test these?  Has anyone had experience with one going bad?  Does anyone know if
this would have any impact on vacuum pressure or otherwise have impact on the
ability of the car to pass a smog exam?

Thanks in advance

Jonathan.