Intake Manifold Gasket Q's

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Intake Manifold Gasket Q's
From: "Don Clark" <d@seanet.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 15:00:18 -0800
Hello all,

I was making my weekly trip back from Portland last night when a funny thing
happened. About 40 miles from Seattle my car seemed to want to cruise at
3000 RPM. The oil pressure and temperature gauges read fine so I continued
on my way home.

This afternoon found that I have a leak on my intake manifold gasket. I'm
wondering if an intake manifold leak alone is enough to cause the idle to go
to 3000 rpm? If not what else should I look for?

FWIW I just checked the adjustment of the carbs a thousand miles ago or so
and think that they are fine.

Thanks,
Don Clark
Seattle, WA