Two 250s for FREE!!!

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Two 250s for FREE!!!
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 22:22:32 EST
Hey Guys,
Check out this story.  Two weekends ago a couple of older gentlemen came up
to my door and inquired if this was the Floyd residence.  I reluctantly
admitted it was and one of them produced a copy of a page of Hemmings Motor
News which had the 6PACK advertisement.  My wife, Beverly, was the former
Membership Chairman and the Ad included our address.  They immediately began
to tell me that they had TWO 250`s and they just wanted to get rid of them.
I`m thinking boy I wish my garage wasn't full, don`t tell them that 250`s are
real rare and desirable TR`s and keep my mouth shut if they ask what they are
worth.  Further discussion revealed that the cars were Barn Fresh, one in
pieces and the other having been driven into the barn 17 years ago.

I could not resist the temptation to show off my 250 so I took them back the
garage and unveiled her.  Their response was "wow ours don`t look anything
like this"!  Somewhat deflated I started to quiz them on the condition of the
cars they had with no definitive answers given.  Then I proceeded to blow it
and told them that 250`s were real rare (8484 produced) with one year of
production and highly sought after.  Knowing I couldn't take them on myself I
told them I would let a few people I know that were in the business about
them.

As soon as they left they driveway I called TriumphBob (Bob Palmer of Bob`s
British Cars) and told him the above story.  We are pretty excited and
thinking we can get them for maybe $500 to $1000 Bucks.  Bob who is a good
negotiator is determined to check them out right away.

A few days later I get the call back from Bob.  He has a 250 on his trailer.
It was Free.  It is CD 7703.  He also has a bunch of parts from CD 7711. "
Well what does it look like"?  In a few words "No Redeeming Qualities."  "Oh
well sorry, Hey I`ll talk to you later."  "Oh no Dude, you are going to go
back with me to pick the rest of this junk"!  "Bring your trailer because
this 250 on mine has no wheels, the frame is busted in half and I don`t know
how I am ever going to get it off."

So we go back.  It is terrible.  Mud floor in the barn.  The poor 250 body
tub like melted into the ground.  We actually shovel the Diff  out of the
ground.  The frame is also stuck in mother earth.  But there is a motor on a
homemade stand so we have the old man break out his front end loader tractor
to put it on my trailer.  While he is doing this I notice something on the
motor.  It is a Striped Hose!  The one I am missing to make my set complete.
Now I cop that hose right away and split.

Really the Haul is not as bad as it seems.  Bob got the following that I know
of:
Two TR250 Motors
Two gearboxes Sorry No OD`s
One good front fender
Two clear TR250 titles
A whole bunch of TR250 Junk to be determined
I`m happy the hose is on my 250 and she is complete!  Anyone need some Junk?

Cheers,
Darrell Floyd