Re: camshaft bearings

To: "Matt M." <afterburn27@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: camshaft bearings
From: mondolux@speakeasy.net
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 06:24:14 -0800
Matt:

You are correct- the TR6 does not have cam bearings. In order to install them,
the block would have to be line-bored at a competent machine shop. Not a cheap
procedure.  I believe you'll find quite a few 6 owners that are not subject to
emissions testing have removed all the smog equipment, incl. air pump, EGR
valve and associated plumbing, ie. air injection manifold, gulp valve, etc.
I've just done this to my motor. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Jeff Johnson
'76 TR6