RE: Coil Spring ID

To: <jay_welch@juno.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Coil Spring ID
From: "Mike D'Ambrogia" <mdambrogia@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 14:36:02 -0800
Thought I'd remembered somthing about this when I did a spring upgrade.
While this is for aftermarket front springs, it is taken from the Triumph
Tune Performance Manaul catalog:

pn      color code       spring rate       fitted length
stock     Grey            312                  6.75"
tt4006     B              390                  6.9
tt4001     WB             390                  6.65
tt4201     PB             420                  6.5
tt4102     PY             420                  5.75
tt4207     OB             450                  6.0

This if for rear springs:

pn      color code       spring rate       fitted length
std        GW             354                  8.81
tt4212     GYY            420                  8.65
tt4211     WY             390                  9.5
tt4216     YY             420                  8.65
tt4215     RY             510                  8.25
tt4215A    PY             550                  7.45

They also include a fitment recommendation:

ride height        front       rear
raised             tt4006      tt4211
standard           tt4001      tt4212
lowered road       tt4201      tt4216
race               tt4207      tt4215/a
sprint             tt4102      tt4215a/6

TRF Spare parts catalog show optional springs, but no color/spring rate
info.  Moss shows nothing but stock springs (but I'm pretty sure thats were
I bought my uprated springs, I'll dig thru my pile of receipts and see if I
can come up with a pn or 2).  No ref for Vict British

hope this helps

mike d'ambrogia
74.5 tr6