Oil Pump Filter

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Pump Filter
From: "Dan H. Detweiler" <dandet@alltel.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 09:57:02 -0500
Hi Folks,

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season! I am taking advantage of the
free time (I am a teacher and am out of school for the next 2 weeks) to
reassemble the engine of my '70 TR6 that came back from its complete rebuild
last week. I have all the innards of the block in place and was putting the
oil pump on when I noticed that there was no type of filter or screen leading
to the pump. The Bently manual shows a complete screen assembly. The TRF
catalog shows some sort of filter for the earlier engines. My car is an early
model (CC51639) so I don't know if they just dispensed with the filter idea or
what. The lid to the pump assembly just has a funnel or spout that extends
down into the sump. Is this correct? I was affraid that either the engine shop
or myself had misplaced something. Am I o.k.

Thanks for the help

Dan H. Detweiler