Re: Out of Retirement / Ordering from British sources

To: info@theyeagergroup.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Out of Retirement / Ordering from British sources
From: Jeff Johnson <mondolux@speakeasy.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 18:59:42 -0500
Evan;
I believe your website covered most of the things that probably need to be
done. I wouldn't be surprised if the clutch disk is frozen to the flywheel
after such a long time of sitting. I've not had that problem, but several
listers have and can point you to the proper technique of unstickling it.
A nice example of a '76 Tr6. BTW, my Delft '76 is Comm # CF50278U and was
built about Sept, 1975.
It still has the overriders- as that is the way it looked when I drove it
off the showroom floor in May of '76. I've seen a lot of '74 to '76 TR6's
with these removed and I think they look just fine( incl. yours). I just
can't see mine without them( at least for the moment.) I am not an
originality freak, however, as I also have webers, uprated cam, Pertronix
ignition, teak dash, and perhaps new Panasports come the New Year.
I have bought several items from Rimmer Bros when they had free carriage
deals and was very satisfied with their service. Others have expressed
problems, but I think most have been resolved to the customers
satisfaction. YMMV. I've not bought from anyone else in the UK as I prefer
to deal with Moss and The Roadster Factory(TRF) first -should the items
needed be in stock and also  be reasonably priced. Generally speaking this
is the case. There may be some esoteric or racing type items that you may
wish to pursue from a UK supplier- (roller rockers, etc.,  blah, blah) from
Racetorations for example, but I would think that most of your everyday
needs would be met at fair price by a US supplier without the worry of
excessive shipping charges or customs duties. The monster list at VTR.org
lists several resellers of Moss, TRF, & Vicky Brit.  that can get you good
prices, incl. British Parts Northwest( recommended by a lot of listers) or
Doug's Parts ( on the web at triumph parts.com) just to name a couple.

Happy motoring,

Jeff Johnson
'76 TR6 undergoing major rework
Won't be a show car, just a helluva fine daily driver.