Fuel shutoff valve

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel shutoff valve
From: jay_welch@juno.com
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 08:16:21 -0500
Hello All,

I made a fuel shutoff valve for my TR6 and thought someone on the list
might find it helpful.  It will make the fuel filter and fuel pump/carb
maintenance a little cleaner and safer.  Might be helpful if someone
wants to drain the bowls after each use if gasoline fumes wafting into
the attached dwelling have become a topic of conversation with the
significant other :-)

Parts used:
One brass Tempo Marine 3 way valve (part# 140030, model# 302WV3) - has
a bracket and two holes for mounting
Two 1/4 NPT, 90 degree elbows to 5/16 brake line
One 1/4" NPT straight to 5/16" hose fitting
Short length of new 5/16" brake line

The straight fitting goes towards the filters.  I have a steel primary
filter mounted horizontally and a glass Purolator mounted vertically next
to the oil filter area.  One of the 90 degree elbows goes back to the
tank, the other coupled with a length of 5/16 hose points down and can be
used to drain the tank.  I then made a bracket to mount the assembly to
the frame and located it just to the rear of the clutch slave cylinder
area.   With the handle arrow pointing down it is off, pointing forward
allows fuel to the carburetors, pointing back allows fuel to drain into a
container.  Total cost $30.

Hope someone finds the info helpful,
Jay Welch, Abington MA
1971 TR6 project