Proper Oil for O/D

To: "6 Pack Digest" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Proper Oil for O/D
From: "John Phillips" <TR6@vigoris.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 20:29:33 -0600
I just installed an O/D in a TR3 that was purchased from a guy that rebuilds
them as a business.  His advice is to use 40 WT non-detergent oil in all TR
overdrives.  His contention is that the plastic gears in the O/D cannot push
around the heavier (80/90) oil forever without breaking.  Non-detergent is
recommended to keep the oil from foaming.

The source of this information is:

John Esposito
Quantum Mechanics, LTD.
505 Wheeler RD
Monroe, CT 06468
E-mail: quantumechan@earthlink.net

John Phillips, Claremore, OK
Green Country Triumphs & Jaguar Enthusiasts Club
76 TR6 CF51655   74 TR6 CF 15694
89 XJS Convertible
 http://www.greencountrytriumphs.com/