RE: Herman's 5-Speed

To: "'Kai M. Radicke'" <kmr@pil.net>,
Subject: RE: Herman's 5-Speed
From: "Riddle, Mark" <riddlem@ciitech.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 10:36:30 -0500
Kai,
I am not sure I understood your comment totally, could you clarify for me
please?
Apparently the NZ conversion locates the shifter in the correct location.
Does Hermans's Kit place the shifter in the right spot?

Mark Riddle
"72 TR6

> Does Herman purchase these from NZ and then resell them?  In
> any case, his price is more realistic.  I paid over $1K for mine.

Herman produces his own kits.  He has the casting made for him, and final
machining of components and anything else he does himself.

The shifter location is different (one inch more forward than the TR6's
original location), if you notice, that is why Conversion Components offers
a shifter relocation kit for thiers which is about $325 NZD extra.

Kai