Re: Triumphless in OHIO

To: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Triumphless in OHIO
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 11:48:30 -0500 (EST)
On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, Todd Bermudez wrote:

> Ok all you do gooders in Ohio...just wanted to let you know my trannys out
> of the car & I'm waiting on a seal from TRF...pesky back orders!  Just in
> time for the weather to turn sour again, :-(PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Ahhh, you have learned the first axiom of Triumph repair:

_NEVER_ start a repair until you have _all_ the parts needed for the job
in hand.

I learned this when my TR6 was still new.

By the way, the converse to this axiom is:

It is easier to top off leaky fluid 1000 times than it is to replace any
seal on your car once.

:-)

> Bitter,
>
> Todd

Don't be bitter - just chalk this up to "a learning experience".

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |