TR6 Engine Lifting Eyes

To: "6 Pack List (E-mail)" <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: TR6 Engine Lifting Eyes
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 21:21:42 -0400
When I pulled my engine, I had to rig a lifting eye for the front because it
was missing. The original rear lifting eye was in place. We had a heck of a
time getting the engine to tip enough to get the gearbox past the bulkhead.
I resolved to use one of those tilter devices to re-install.

On the nearly infinite list of parts I ordered was a replacement front
lifting eye. I was disappointed when I received it because it looked too big
and long. I think I figured out why now. The higher front lifting eye will
automatically tip the engine back when it's on the cherry picker. My
calculation is 5 degrees. I'm guessing this is the right slope to easily
replace the engine. Anybody know?

By the way, I installed my cylinder head and rockers last night and painted
the engine today. Tomorrow I paint the engine bay. I'm on schedule to drop
the engine back in next week.

Hugh Fader