Re: more on tires -- what size?

To: vinkg@fleishman.com (Vink, Graham)
Subject: Re: more on tires -- what size?
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 12:36:26 -0700 (PDT)
Graham----The rolling radius, or overall height of the tire closest to
the original Redline will give the most speedo accuracy. Anything in the
26.5" is close enough for gum'mint work.

The lower the sidewall, the stiffer it should be. This translates into
the car going closer to where you point it. Other things come into play
here, and has been covered before, more or less.

More of the ride compliance is found in the height of a tire's sidewall
than anywhere else. I will give up some ride comfort, so it's necessary
for me to drop down to 65 or 70 series tires to get this. When speedo
accuracy or fuel mileage isn't an issue, one can of course get a 60
series tire.  Or go to a 'plus one' or 'plus two' tire and rim package
to bring the total wheel diam. back near stock.

Lots of choices, huh?!

Dick