Need Help W/ Wiring Issue

To: six pack <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Need Help W/ Wiring Issue
From: Bob Fabie <rmf3860@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 15:56:17 -0500
While in the process of reconnecting a new oil line to my oil gauge, I
noticed a bare wire in the harness near the point where wires are
distributed to the fuel/amp/oil/ and temp gauges.

This wire is white with a pink stripe. It was not connected to anything.
It had about an inch of exposed frayed wire. I've removed as much of the
harness tape as necessary to trace the wire to a point where it had not
"fused" with adjoining wires.

My wiring diagrams for a '75 TR6 show "Pink" as a color (K), but I
cannot find it on the schematic.  Could someone tell me what this wire
was for? What's noteworthy is that everything worked perfectly prior to
my noticing this exposed wire.

Just when I was so close to finishing the project..

Appreciate your help. Dan Masters, you out there?

Bob Fabie
'75 TR6