Re: Just when I thought.......

Subject: Re: Just when I thought.......
From: John <jhardt@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 20:53:22 -0400
Mike,

Not to be the grim reaper here but your description almost exactly matches
what I experienced when one of my valve springs broke.  Unfortuantley (for
me) it was the fact that idle seemed unaffected that led me to continue
driving a couple hundred yards to the next intersection.  The damage this
did to my engine has been well documented in previous posts.

I sincerely hope that Dick Taylor is right and it was only a backfire.  But
if I were you, I'd take the time to pull off the valve cover and take a
look.  It'll only take five minutes and you might save your engine.

An ounce of prevention...

John