RE: Restoration/Body Shop

To: <ShewFamily@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Restoration/Body Shop
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@directvinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 19:10:46 -0400
Mickey Rose at H&M Body Works in Columbus, GA will do the work and
you'll be proud of the results.
His # is 706-324-6097 or 324-6515. Fax 706-327-5335.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO
CF37325U

Anyone on the list from Nashville, Knoxville, Atlanta or Birmingham
aware of a restoration/body shop that will fix body damage on a TR6?  I
have tried a few shops around Chattanooga and no one seems excited about
taking the time or the effort to do the quality job that I will want.
Worse, I don't trust them to do it right either. There is no frame
damage and repairs will be limited to painting and re-hanging sheet
metal, so I may undertake it myself. The only draw back is that it will
be an all summer project if I do it.  On the other hand, all fenders
will come off and it be done right.  The door jams, under-hood and trunk
areas will be repainted as well.  This is important because I am
considering a change in color from Pimento to Signal Red.

Even if I decide to undertake it myself, I will need the names of some
good shops in order to get estimates for the fight I will surely have
with my insurance company.  Thanks.
John Shewmake
'74 TR6
Chattanooga, TN