Re: Brake Switch/Flat black on transom?

To: John.Griffiths@uregina.ca, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Switch/Flat black on transom?
From: Mark Riddle <dunamis6@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 21:47:38 -0400
John,
The flat black "transom" was more or less standard for the TR6.
I read somewhere that some of the early production 69's did not receive
this styling treatment, but I am not sure of this.

I have seen more than a few "re-sprays", that left off the tail
treatment, but in my humble opinion, they looked downright strange back
there.

On a similar note, the "windscreen" frame also went through some of the
same identity crisis early on, but came around to the flat black as
standard.

Someone else out there may recall the article I read this in, but it
seems that it may have been at the VTR site, or maybe Mike Brinker's
site. The article detailed some of the US market styling treatment
experiments that the marketing guys worked on.

HTH

Mark Riddle
'72 TR6 (fresh Damson with Flat Black "transom' and "windscreen" frame}