Re: What's a TR6 Worth?

To: "Jerry Shaw" <jcs104@attbi.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What's a TR6 Worth?
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill@chorus.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 14:56:19 -0500
Jerry Shaw wrote:

> Well, here's one datum. See
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1845626803&r=0
&t=0
> $18.6K for apparently a super example.

Very interesting. There were 37 bids, but only two people with any previous
eBay purchases bid more than $13,223 for the car. One of those is the new
owner of the TR6 - whose last three eBay buys were a used woman's size 22
suit (54-44-58), an inflatable bath pillow and some skin cream. The second,
who dropped out at $15,100, appears to have used eBay only for the purchase
of Monkey Head salt shakers and a VERY large number of oyster plate sets (is
there a pattern here?).

On the other hand, you can't "restore" your way to a <25,000 mile,
original-owner TR6 that appears to have been very well kept. More than I'd
want to pay perhaps, but I'd still prefer it to an $18,000 Miata.

Jim Hill
Madison WI