RE: Stalls after highway run

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Stalls after highway run
From: "Vink, Graham" <vinkg@fleishman.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 13:53:02 -0500
I'll give my standard one-size-fits-all answer: check the temperature
compensators.

When you're running at highway speeds, if the temperature compensators
aren't adjusting for rising under-hood temperatures, you don't notice
because you've got your foot on the gas. But when you exit, and take your
foot off the gas, the idle can drop too low if the temp compensators aren't
working and you stall. This doesn't totally explain why the problem goes
away after you drive a bit more, but I'd still guess it's temperature
related.

my two cents worth ...

Coming up next week: how temperature compensators affect the folding of soft
top windows.

Graham