RE: Zipper!!!!!!!

To: "Michael Whitfield" <uawhit@bellsouth.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Zipper!!!!!!!
From: "Derek Graham" <Derek.Graham@ukgateway.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 09:39:17 +0100
Hi Michael & List,

A bit of a late reply on this one but like you I don't believe that any of
the handbooks say to unzip the back window before lowering the softtop. I
have copies of I think all of the handbooks having gathered copies up over
the years vis-`-vis nos 545074, 545111, 545111/72, 545111/73, 545111/74,
545111/75, 545111/76 plus the UK/rest of world 545078 1st and 2nd editions.
It does seem like a good idea to unzip rear window down however I never do
it and don't suffer from scratches, my current soft top having been fitted
in 1982, having followed the procedure in the handbook. Presumably the rear
window needs to be flat against the back panel when unzipped with the soft
top down as the two fastenings on the back trim panel normally used when you
unzip the window will be used by the soft top cover?

Derek Graham
CP54529-O