I feared the worst!

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: I feared the worst!
From: "Paula J. Graffam" <pjgraffam@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 14:03:37 -0400
Hello listers,
I'm back on the road again after an agonizing two month wait for my
engine rebuild after I blew the motor going to a car show.  I gutted the
entire block and put in everything new.  I know what I've got!
Currently, I'm in the break-in mode and I've started using 15w50 Mobil
synthetic after about 1000 miles of 30w break-in oil.  My oil pressure is
75lbs at cruising and 35lbs at idle.

I also found a way to repair my odometer. After removing my speedo I
noticed a small metal retaining clip that came tumbling out .  I located
its home and put a dab of epoxy to keep it in place.  I'm now counting
miles again until I reach 2000 on the new engine - then I'll let it rip
past 60mph!  I don't have the time to tell how much new stuff I put into
the block but the cost including labor is well over $3000.

Al Graffam 74TR6 French Blue Suffield, CT.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!