RE: carb drain plug

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: carb drain plug
From: Peter Zaborski <PZaborski@calgary.geoquest.slb.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:23:03 -0600

Hi Jim,

Yes. You can source a pair of ZS carbs (or better yet, just the float bowls)
which have a solid float bowl (ie. no plug). I think some MGs had these.
These float bowls will fit just fine on your TR6 carbs and voila, no more
leaky plug o-rings. When was the last time you actually needed the plugs for
anything useful anyway? :-)

This may not be totally appropriate for the early cars with adjustable jets
(at least I think the early cars have this feature, the jets are adjusted
through the hole in the float bowl).

Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO - with plug-less float bowls