Horn wiring repair

To: 6Pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Horn wiring repair
From: "Walter Fogle" <lbc4me@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 21:53:08 +0000
Greetings List:

We at the Tyee Triumph Club of Washington returned this week from the 22nd
All Triumph Drive-In held in Westport, WA.  More than 80 cars and 100
Triumph enthusiasts attended.  I met at least two 6Packers.  What a great
time!

Here's my current project I need help with:  I'm repairing the wiring and
replacing the horn brush on my '69 TR6.  The DPO installed a funky push
button under the dashboard, along with some wires that ran to the horn on
the L/H side.  Another jumper wire was added from the L/H to the R/H horn.
I've removed all the excess wires and gobs of electrical tape.  It appears
that the real problem, all along, was the horn brush which was broken.

Anyhow, I'm left with two Purple wires and two Purple/Black wires on the L/H
side (from the harness); and one Purple wire and one Purple/Black wire on
the R/H side.  The connectors were cut off and wires were just twisted and
taped!

Each horn has only one spade terminal for connecting.  Is it possible that I
have the wrong horns installed?  The Dan Masters electrical manual is quite
helpful with the wiring and I'm confident of success now that the excess has
been removed.  I'm concerned about the physical hookup considering the
shorage of terminals.  Any help with the makeup of '69 horns, particularly
the ground connections is appreciated.

Best regards,
Walt Fogle
'69 TR6